Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thank You

Thank you to everyone that participated in the 2009 Graduation Prayer Chapel.

  • The Prayer Chapel successfully provided 36 hours of continuous prayer for the graduates of Dell Rapids Public, St Mary's and Strive high.
  • 113 graduates were prayed for.
  • 53 people staffed the prayer chapel over the 36 hours.
  • 10 people provided prayer for 2 or more hours.
  • Only 7 time slots did not have at least two people in the chapel.
  • One Graduate came to light her own candle.
  • Two graduates from 2008 came to pray as they had been prayed over last year.
  • Two kids from the class of 2010 filled a time slot and look forward to the prayers for them next year.
  • Friends and family of graduates came to see the chapel and say a prayer."
  • Many individuals that were unable to commit to an hour prayer from home or while traveling for the graduates.
  • Additional specific prayer requests were added to the chapel through out the 36 hours.

Listed below are a few comments that I heard over the weekend.

"Wow, The prayer chapel was amazing. I felt so close to God."

"The presence of the Holy Spirit was in the the Prayer Chapel."

"The candles were so inspirational that I began to cry as I stepped into the chapel."

"I felt honored to pray for the 2009 graduates and assist in keeping their candle burning for 36 hours."

"I just wanted to stay in the prayer chapel. It was so spiritual to me."

"I felt close to God and I did not want to leave the chapel."

"The Holy Spirit guided my prayer for the graduates. This class has deep pain and will need our continued prayers."

"I want to be part of the 2010 prayer chapel."

Thank you to every that participated in the chapel. Prayer is Powerful!

Blessings

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment